All Limited companies are required by law to file annual returns every year with the Registrar of companies no later than twenty-eight (28) days from the return date.
Lexserve Registrars, Corporate secretarial services covers filing of your company’s return inclusive of the KES 1,000 filing fee.
Get an expert to file your returns
How to file annual returns in Kenya
Annual Returns should be filed by all limited companies exactly One year and 6 months after incorporation.
Annual returns – is a document that indicates your company’s financial health and status.
Annual Returns highlight and include the following:
a) The Name of the company
b) The structure of the company;
c) The shareholding;
d) The division of shares;
e) The Nominal capital;
f) The names and addresses of the directors and shareholders in a company;
g) The current registered office of the company and ;
h) Details of the company secretary.
Annual returns doc: check attachment to include the document (Annual Returns) in redacted form.
Why chose Lexserve Centre for all your transactions:
We advocate transparent pricing, so all standard fees are already included in the packages
We integrate tech in all our transactions to ensure that all the documents are encrypted and stored in a cloud so you can access them any time at the tap of your fingers.
We respond within 24 hours and prepare the documents the same day you ask for them
Start with our Essential corporate package to cover all your business needs or switch to a more flexible Unlimited plan later.
Corporate Secretarial Services (Essential Secretary Package)
- Facilitating and/or attending Extra-Ordinary General Meetings and Board Meetings;
- Facilitating induction training for new directors comprising guidance on directors’ duties, responsibilities and powers;
- Facilitating appointment and exit of shareholders through preparation of relevant documents and updating the Client’s records with the Companies Registry as and when changes occur;
- Routine Annual Filing
- Performing Corporate Governance Audits;
- Undertaking Annual Board evaluations;
- Facilitating Capital restructure of the Client;
- Facilitating and attending Client’s General Meetings other than the Annual General Meeting;
- Facilitating the listing of the Client on the stock exchange;
- Reminders on filing deadlines
- Preparation of procedural codes including Codes of Ethics, Employee disciplinary procedures; conflict of interest manuals et cetera; and
- any other services that may be deemed necessary by the Client and agreed upon with the Secretary.
View our affordable plans and choose
Additional services you may need:
- Share Transfer
- Changing a company secretary
- Register Intellectual Property such as Trademarks, Copyrights
- Document Review & Legal Advisory
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Annual Returns should be lodged within twenty-eight (28) days from the return date. Any filing outside this twenty-eight (28) will be a late filing and will attract a penalty of KES. 500 .
The directors/ Company Secretary will need to file the following documents:
- a Notice of appointment of secretaries and their particulars(Form CR 10)
- Notice of residential address / change of residential address of secretaries (Form CR 12); and
- An extract from the minutes of the Board meeting appointing the secretary(ies).
- A Letter of Consent to Act as a Secretary
- During the Statutory time
- When there is a change of company directors (Appointment/Resignation)
- When effecting change that affects the beneficial ownership
- When you are registering a charge/encumbrance/ debentures
- Change of address of the Directors
- Change of share capital of the company